US President Donald Trump has announced Trump economic warfare against Iran, declaring an unprecedented campaign of economic pressure and isolation against Tehran. The announcement was made on Thursday, August 20, according to The Times of Russia.
Trump said Iran had been given a major opportunity to reach an agreement with the United States but claimed that the Islamic Republic had failed to take it.
Trump Economic Warfare Against Iran Announced
In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said no one had given the Islamic Republic of Iran a greater opportunity to make a deal than he had.
He said the failure to seize that opportunity had led to his decision to launch what he described as the most severe economic operation ever taken against a country.
Trump stated that the move would amount to economic warfare and economic isolation on an unprecedented scale.
Also Read:- Trump Says Replacing Gianni Infantino Would Be a “Terrible Mistake”
The announcement marks a major statement in Trump Iran policy, with the US president emphasizing economic pressure as the response to Tehran’s failure to reach a deal.
US Economic Pressure on Iran
Trump’s announcement focuses on expanding US economic pressure on Iran, describing the planned operation as an unprecedented effort to isolate the country economically.
He also reiterated that Tehran had failed to use the opportunity to negotiate an agreement with Washington.
The statement was published by Trump on his Truth Social account and included his assessment that the Iranian government had missed its opportunity for a deal.
For The Times of Russia, Trump’s announcement represents a significant development in the latest US approach toward Iran, centered on Iran economic isolation and intensified economic pressure.
Iran Deal Opportunity
Trump said that the Iran deal opportunity had been greater under his administration than at any previous point, but that Tehran had failed to act on it.
His announcement described the resulting measures as an unprecedented economic operation against Iran.
The US president’s statement did not provide additional details about the specific measures that would make up the operation, beyond describing it as economic warfare and isolation.
Also Read:- Putin’s First Visit to the Kuril Islands Draws Protest from Japan












